Connect

airdyne bike?

Fantastic's picture
Fantastic
306 Posts
316 Points

man, i've been hearing about this [the airdyne bike] bad boy all over the place, and they are really good things. I've been putting together a "personal gym" for a while now in my garage and I thought it would be a great addition

however i can only find one for 625ish :shock:

holy crap

most of the stuff I got is second hand or bout to be thrown away lol

are there cheaper models or decent copies for a much lower price?

i like sprinting and jumping rope and use my friend's elliptical (all for anaerobic) when i can, but i think this would make life a bunch easier or at least a good compliment! any help would be appreciated! =]

I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was. To catch them is my real test, to train them is my cause. I will travel across the land, searching far and wide. Teach Pokemon to understand the power that's inside. Pokemon!

-Pokemon Theme song

yoyoma's picture
yoyoma
10 Posts
10 Points

I bought an Schwinn Airdyne bike on Craiglist and its from the 80's. I only paid $200.

What is awesome about the bike is that it works upper and lower while a conventional bike works lower body, so it makes it great for conditioning. Your heart rate goes up quickly with the bike and that's what you want. Personally running has a lot of impact on my joints, so I don't enjoy that. The bike is awesome, and I recommend getting one used.
\
I hope that helped.- Chin

CombatChaz's picture
CombatChaz
24406 Posts
57650 Points

had one for a while, its a good workout, needs no electricity - just blows a bunch of air on you while riding - not good for weight cutting. IMO

n/a
tombak's picture
tombak
1192 Posts
1294 Points

+1 with Chaz on the weight cutting bit.I'd put on a few sweatshirts to do that on the bike.

It's still a pretty good workout cos it involves the whole body in a way.

I'm working on my own weighted vest now, it's hard to find stuff like that over here,that's why I miss home at times :lol:

Bought a few fisherman's vest, modifying them making sure when I slot in them weights they'll be balanced, I hope one will turn out right.

Thanks to Chaz, Captcha's ass been capped!

BulletEater's picture
BulletEater
3414 Posts
4304 Points

tombak wrote:
+1 with Chaz on the weight cutting bit.I'd put on a few sweatshirts to do that on the bike.

It's still a pretty good workout cos it involves the whole body in a way.

I'm working on my own weighted vest now, it's hard to find stuff like that over here,that's why I miss home at times :lol:

Bought a few fisherman's vest, modifying them making sure when I slot in them weights they'll be balanced, I hope one will turn out right.

That's pretty cool, I like it.

ونحن جميعا الكتب من الدم ، وعندما أردنا فتح نحن الحمراء.

OldSklHkr's picture
OldSklHkr
817 Posts
941 Points

Yeah man, check Craigslist. Ive also been putting together a home gym and Ive gotten most stuff off there. (Including a Pro Form home gym for $50!) Theres a lot of sweet useful stuff in great shape for uber cheap there.

Fantastic's picture
Fantastic
306 Posts
316 Points

Thank you very much guys I found one for ten dollars! You guys here at lockflow are amazing and have really help me with a bunch awesome stuff and have answered all my questions really quickly!

Thanks again guys and want to make a pre-official annoucement of my first amatuer fight, which is sort of a Pancrase style, this October! I'll give more info in a different thread later on!

I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was. To catch them is my real test, to train them is my cause. I will travel across the land, searching far and wide. Teach Pokemon to understand the power that's inside. Pokemon!

-Pokemon Theme song

yoyoma's picture
yoyoma
10 Posts
10 Points

Fantastic wrote:
Thank you very much guys I found one for ten dollars! You guys here at lockflow are amazing and have really help me with a bunch awesome stuff and have answered all my questions really quickly!

Thanks again guys and want to make a pre-official annoucement of my first amatuer fight, which is sort of a Pancrase style, this October! I'll give more info in a different thread later on!

You found on for 10 dollars you luck lucky bastard!!
Good luck.

Fantastic's picture
Fantastic
306 Posts
316 Points

man today has not been my day

long story short, the lady sold it to someone else thinking they were, like, my proxy. I ended up being stranded at a mall after visiting a GNC (where i bought some mass xxx that i'm going to try today) when my battery died. awesome. missed class =[ Now i'm posting from the Apple store, so, like always, I've tried to roll with the punches.

My parents came gave it a jump and took it home. Now my GF is gonna meet up with me but she's not answering her phone. =S

BTW I asked several people just to give me a jump and they looked at me and just kept walking, except a little faster. haha weird

thanks just needed to vent that lol

-Pokemon Theme song

Fantastic's picture
Fantastic
306 Posts
316 Points

So it looks like Im going to be getting a Vitamaster Air Advantage. I've been trying to look up a review but can't seem to find one. Hopefully it turns out to be worth 45 bucks lol

Damn the ten dollar one would have been great

c'est la vie

-Pokemon Theme song

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.