Connect

Alternatives to Ipods

eagles51493's picture
eagles51493
6658 Posts
7465 Points

As I now have a broken 16 gig ipod touch and a broken 30 gig video, I'm a bit fed up with Apple. All I need is a simple MP3 player (idc about apps, videos, touch screen, or any of that stuff) that will play all my music. So I'm looking to get a player with at least 100 gigs, preferably more. Anything you guys would suggest as a good alternative?

So far the only player I've found that looks decent is a Zune, but I'm not sure about it.

Reilly Bodycomb's picture
Reilly Bodycomb
1647 Posts
1396 Points

the zune HD is dope,
but more importantly the zune software is a cut above.
plus the zune pass where you can download any music you want monthly is great too.

i recommend downloading the zune software (its free) and playing around with it.

eagles51493's picture
eagles51493
6658 Posts
7465 Points

will do!

Good software is definitely something I want. Dealing with itunes is horrible.

MrBungle's picture
MrBungle
1005 Posts
1052 Points

I don't own a Zune but have played around with them and a few of my friends have them. Haven't heard anything bad about them and they are not made by CRApple which is always a plus in my book.

11th dan in Parnes Jiu-Jitsu, it's one more than Ransom's. Real PJJ goes to 11!

eagles51493's picture
eagles51493
6658 Posts
7465 Points

The 64 gig Zune is looking pretty nice, but I really wanted some more storage. I may end up being forced to get the 160 gig ipod... -sigh- I really wish Cowon would make some with some more memory, they are for sure one of the top MP3 players out there, as far as audio quality goes.

LSBJJ's picture
LSBJJ
3888 Posts
4373 Points

DroidX. Not only is it an awesome mp3 player but it's also an 8mp camera, a great hd video camera, a gps unit, a laptop and so much more (oh and it also makes phone calls).

eagles51493's picture
eagles51493
6658 Posts
7465 Points

I have the regular Motorola Droid right now, but the 16 gigs of memory just isnt doin it for me Sad And my audio jack is already messed up.

As much as I dont like Apple, I'm thinking of getting the 80 gig 5.5G ipod because I can put rockbox on it. 80 gigs is enough for now, and I've heard they are easily upgraded.

Reilly Bodycomb's picture
Reilly Bodycomb
1647 Posts
1396 Points

if you find an 80gb zune online for cheap its worth it.
its what i rock in my car.

i gave the zune HD to my friend and we share a zune pass. so we can download and listen to any music we want daily.

just download the zune software and do a free week of the zune pass.
its really cool.

eagles51493's picture
eagles51493
6658 Posts
7465 Points

I found a 120 gig online, but the problem is that they are discontinued so if I have any problems I'm basically screwed. At least I can get some type of support from apple, and my firend and I have 2 broken ipods, and I tihnk hes going to give me his. If it works out, I'll be able to take the hdd out of that put it in mine, and get one fully working. Its a long shot... but I'm guna give it a try. I do want a Zune though! I jst need one with more memory :/ and if I buy a 80 gig ipod, its easily upgradable to 240 gigs for 100-150 bucks.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.