Connect

BJJ Sponsorship

MrJaawRaKhaeh's picture
MrJaawRaKhaeh
3 Posts

Hey everyone I was just wondering if any of you have ever been sponsored for bjj. If so how did you do it. I have heard of things like the BJJ legion, which is like a starter sponsorship. What do you guys think about things like BJJ legion and being sponsored in general?

joshua.george's picture
Joshua George
11 Posts

Being sponsored in anything you do isn't a bad thing. It helps offset cost for equipment, training, entry into competitions, etc.

The important thing to remember when accepting a sponsorship is that you represent them and they represent you. So if you wholeheartedly agree with what they are doing and what they represent, go for it.

Another thing to remember is the legal portion. They may have promotions and other things they want you to do in return. Some even require wins, or such similar performance requirements, to continue on.

I've not heard anything about BJJ sponsorships, but then again I just started noGi about a few months back.

MrJaawRaKhaeh's picture
MrJaawRaKhaeh
3 Posts

Well it's true that they want you to do things, but do you wait for them to come to you; or do you go to them to be sponsored?

sirjuj's picture
sirjuj
524 Posts

I'm pretty curious on this, also. Do they just come to you?

What good is all of that muscle if you can't fight?

The king of the jungle is the lion, not the elephant.

Good is the enemy of greatness.

It requires more courage to suffer than to die.
Napoléon Bonaparte

Fear is the cousin of defeat.

miklo's picture
miklo
672 Posts

i joined bjj legion but havent been sponsored cuz i really dont wanna spam abunch of people and thats how u move up. also they gave me some patches that i havent and probably wont put on my gi, and i dont really care for their merch.....

MrJaawRaKhaeh's picture
MrJaawRaKhaeh
3 Posts

But they dont charge you anything for the patches...so i dont see how getting sponsored by them would hurt. And if you are willing to do more you will get more. I think it is a good way for advertising and being sponsored.

BulletEater's picture
BulletEater
3414 Posts

Start an llc and then sponsor yourself. Then write it off at the end of the year along with your "losses." Call yourself an entertainer! Tongue

ونحن جميعا الكتب من الدم ، وعندما أردنا فتح نحن الحمراء.

miklo's picture
miklo
672 Posts

go for it if u want and if u like there merch i just didnt feel comfortable spamming on here and facebook and all that so i didnt do it....

Gerric's picture
The Silent Assassin
226 Posts

I don't know about BJJ, but from my own personal MMA experience, its not very easy to get sponsorships. I'm currently sponsored by Full Tilt Poker and it was pretty difficult to get. Everyone wants you to be on TV if your going to sponsor them, which of course makes sense. And it doesn't hurt to keep winning. The more you win the better sponsors you can pickup.

ejits's picture
ejits
1 Posts

These guys suck. They promise you stuff to get you to SPAM all your friends and then never deliver. Just another stupid t-shirt company trying to SPAM everyone to make a buck. We all removed they gay patches and stickers from everything.

*** image removed by mod
SPREAD THIS GRAPHIC! FIGHT BACK!!!!!!!!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.