CombatChaz
24422 Posts
57650 Points
n/a
jman's picture
Jman
869 Posts
861 Points

LOL .. esp love the part when he just lays there...

bigvic's picture
bigvic
460 Posts
471 Points

?????????? What the heck was that? Double tea bag to reverse scissor choke? Was that a real match? Or Puro Rasu (sp)? And yes, his just lay there technique was awesome.

The biggest room in the world is the room for improvement...

rpatrizzi's picture
rpatrizzi
568 Posts
540 Points

That to me is awesome....that is some serious scissor strength.

Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face - Mike Tyson.

Battle-Tested's picture
"Handsome" Mike F...
515 Posts
511 Points

i just did the robot in celebration

"If you leave your pride at the door, you can pick it up when you leave. If you bring it in someone might take it from you." ME

GuaRD-DoG's picture
GuaRD-DoG
1325 Posts
1302 Points

Yeah thats NOT something we purposely drill...i wonder why????

Chase's picture
Chase
1256 Posts
1250 Points

rpatrizzi wrote:
That to me is awesome....that is some serious scissor strength.

+1 That was cool :lol:

***!!!!THE CHEEKY MINX MAN!!!!***
'Dynamite' Danny George
6-0-1

DRay's picture
DRay
3431 Posts
3753 Points

Bigfisch wrote:
i just did the robot in celebration

:lol:

"The greatest companion is good balance, wrestling boldly, and never faint hearted."

-Fabian von Auerswald

pitbull592's picture
pitbull592
295 Posts
281 Points

I like it!

GrandMastaScrappy's picture
GrandMastaScrappy
141 Posts
141 Points

One question. Where do I get little shorts like that? :P

Tank-Jitsu's picture
Tank-Jitsu
13804 Posts
14113 Points

jman wrote:
LOL .. esp love the part when he just lays there...

yeah, that really threw them off, hahaha!

天下無難事,只怕有心人

Judofry's picture
Judofry
67 Posts
65 Points

?????
...????

Assassin Al's picture
Assassin Al
682 Posts
624 Points

The scissor is an old catch wrestling hold.

You could either submit an opponent or circle around and pin him.

Now adays in folkstyle, since the scissors been banned, we figure four the head and have an armbar (a wrestling one not a submission one), circle round, and the guy flips over giving you a pin.

As for the vid, you could see the guy was squeezing around the area where the carotid arteries are, which is why the guy getting scissored passed out.

You're not drunk if you can lie on the ground without holding on.

ichokeu's picture
ichokeu
238 Posts
203 Points

Ok, someone is getting leg scissored today! Or maby I'll just stick with not being completely ridiculous. However, the just lay there move was great.

Here to add my support.

mjollnar's picture
mjollnar
913 Posts
950 Points

Someone's been using their ThighMaster! :wink:

The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man's determination."
- Tommy Lasorda

If Carmen San Diego and Waldo ever had sex together, would thier offspring be invisible?

krellik's picture
krellik
57 Posts
47 Points

Its legit!! As mentioned its oldschool catchwrestling, we are talking serious old school points here. On the top of my hand I think it is Deep 5 where there also are a legit choke ya to sleep leg scissor submission done.

Fun thing is that in Gothenburgs shootfighting crew that nowadays is a modern mma school but where the old timers got those legit catchwrestling roots through pancrase style shootfighting. Anyhow one day the headcoach showed the guys this old legscissor submission just to spice things up, the thing that he didnt expect was that all the guys went leg scissor crazy after having seen how its done and spent the rest of the session legscissoring eachother. It even went so far that some of the guys developed it as their favourite sub.
I know among others one of the up and comming mma fighters from that group, Hamit Aktas won an profesionall mma fight somewhere in an European mma event last year with a legscissor.

brett's picture
brett
96 Posts
73 Points

hell ya i use the thigh master!! cant wait to leg scissor someone to death :twisted:

Cracky McSlugHoot's picture
Cracky McSlugHoot
294 Posts
299 Points

It's such a shit move, but it works if you're surprised by it, or somehow otherwise unable to stop it from cutting off the blood to your brain.

It's a catch move. A SHITTY catch move. My old instructor used to use it, which I hated, and my current instructor uses it sometimes, and I'll say "THAT'S NOT A F@#$ING SUBMISSION". It's a "Look how much better I am than you" sort of move.

The last time (and only time in the last 5 years) that I tapped to a leg scissors, I had just insufflated 400mgs of demerol and STILL thought "My God, this is stupid", but I was gassed beyond gassing and was afraid I might not wake up if I got choked out.

P4Pancetta's picture
P4Pancetta
436 Posts
430 Points

mjollnar wrote:
Someone's been using their ThighMaster! :wink:

haha yea really

Remember Remember the 5th of Smarch...

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.