Connect

top 10 most unsportsman-like moments in sports

FireCat-75's picture
FireCat-75
7861 Posts
7361 Points

umm notice there are no MMA in the list ( so we must be a friendly sport)

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBNNAvyspGs[/video]

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying "I will try again tomorrow"

Tank-Jitsu's picture
Tank-Jitsu
13804 Posts
14113 Points

except for #8, Michael Westbrook, who turned MMA.

天下無難事,只怕有心人

FireCat-75's picture
FireCat-75
7861 Posts
7361 Points

Tank-Jitsu wrote:
except for #8, Michael Westbrook, who turned MMA.

LOL I guess that shouldn't have shocked me ;)

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying "I will try again tomorrow"

bruceleeroy's picture
bruceleeroy
4986 Posts
5394 Points

OK, OK.... I HAD to have seen that wrong.

1 - The Claude Lemuix hit on Chris Draper has been reviewed over and over again for years. He didn't recieve a penatly. Draper sued him and lost. Now, the next year there was a rule change because of this hit but at the time it was 100% legal.

2 - How in the world is the #1 most unsportsmanlike moment not Todd Bertuzi's hit????

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KA8cdtpV0vM[/video]

They slow mo it at the end. This hit ended Moore's career. Bertuzzi weighs 250 Moore weighed abou 185, complete sucker punch, Bertuzzi is STILL playing the game of hockey. If any of us did this at our job, we'd be arrested and in jail.

eagles51493's picture
eagles51493
6658 Posts
7465 Points

Idk how a lot fo those made the list, seems like there's been much worse. imo #2 should have been the #1

Neltharius's picture
Neltharius
1156 Posts
1127 Points

Only difference between those moments and MMA, is that in MMA, fighting is both legal and encouraged.

Fortes fortuna adiuvat
-Erasmus

FireCat-75's picture
FireCat-75
7861 Posts
7361 Points

bruceleeroy wrote:

1 - The Claude Lemuix hit on Chris Draper has been reviewed over and over again for years. He didn't recieve a penatly. Draper sued him and lost. Now, the next year there was a rule change because of this hit but at the time it was 100% legal.

2 - How in the world is the #1 most unsportsmanlike moment not Todd Bertuzi's hit????

They slow mo it at the end. This hit ended Moore's career. Bertuzzi weighs 250 Moore weighed abou 185, complete sucker punch, Bertuzzi is STILL playing the game of hockey. If any of us did this at our job, we'd be arrested and in jail.

couldn't agree more I live in Co and am a big hockey fan this was a huge deal when it happened

codymurphyhendrix's picture
codymurphyhendrix
181 Posts
253 Points

FireCat-75 wrote:
bruceleeroy wrote:

couldn't agree more I live in Co and am a big hockey fan this was a huge deal when it happened

Isn't this what caused them to shut down the league for that year?

awesomeness emanates from my pores

FireCat-75's picture
FireCat-75
7861 Posts
7361 Points

codymurphyhendrix wrote:
FireCat-75 wrote:
bruceleeroy wrote:

Isn't this what caused them to shut down the league for that year?

Na that was because of the new regulations and pay restrictions on the players. :D The injury did mess up the playoffs for Vancover (LOL they took out a rookie from Co and Bertuzzi was one of there top players. Very dumb move on Bertuzzi's part)

WOODMAN's picture
WOODMAN
796 Posts
740 Points

cheapshots = cowardice

I hope this people have to fear looking over their backs the rest of their lives.

YO - ADRIANNE

Take me out Kobe style

FireCat-75's picture
FireCat-75
7861 Posts
7361 Points

WOODMAN wrote:
cheapshots = cowardice

I hope this people have to fear looking over their backs the rest of their lives.

After years of getting burned by Karma I'd have to say what goes around always comes around :D in do time

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.